The pandemic has been one of the hardest and most challenging times in the history of the universe.
The pandemic came at an unexpected time and hit the world by storm. Naturally, it has had adverse impacts on society and everyone. The pandemic has affected people’s spirituality and general well-being. Therefore, taking care of your mind and body has never been so important as right now.
Spiritual Health During COVID-19 Pandemic
Spiritual health is one of the most challenging terms to define. It is an aspect of wellness that is achieved when you feel at peace with life. Feelings of hope and comfort characterize spiritual health.
The pandemic has caused a lot of spiritual distress. The spiritual distress has left people believing that the world is no longer a safe place.
Most people associate spiritual well-being with God. However, even if you do not believe in orthodox spirituality and God, spirituality can stem from believing in a higher power.
Reasons Why Spiritual Health Is Essential During The Pandemic
- People have had a difficult time finding meaning and purpose because of what is happening in the world.
- The pandemic has led people to lose their faith in a higher power as they cannot understand why a merciful higher power would allow bad things to happen.
- People no longer believe that the world is safe, and they feel hopeless because there is nowhere to go.
- People have been unable to achieve the goals and resolutions they set for the past two years because of the pandemic. This has had a lot of impact on people’s spiritual health and well-being.
- The loss of lives of loved ones and the general population has left people in spiritual distress.
Ways To Maintain Your Spiritual Health And Well-being During COVID-19
Below are some tips for how you can maintain your spiritual health amidst the pandemic;
- Working out- working out is mostly associated with physical well-being. However, working out can also have spiritual and mental wellbeing benefits. Workouts like pilates and yoga eliminate stress and anxiety, which is mostly associated with spiritual well-being.
- Get a life coach- since the pandemic has made it close to impossible to meet with spiritual leaders because places of worship are closed, you can always get a life or spirituality coach to help you with your spiritual health.
- Use technology- while you cannot gather with other people physically, technology has made it possible for you to meet up with people through platforms like Zoom.
You can use the media to gather with other people and reaffirm your spirituality. Seeing people and talking to people will also help you deal with the mental health challenges like stress and anxiety-related with the pandemic.
- Soul searching- you may also benefit from setting time aside for soul searching. Sometimes, things get so hectic that you end up not having time for yourself. Therefore, you need to set time aside for soul searching.
When people go through the issues mentioned above, they turn to tribal ceremonies or group gatherings to re-establish their spiritual well-being. However, the pandemic and the resulting social distancing guidelines have made it impossible for people to turn these channels. This has made it worse for most people.
However, the internet is currently swarmed with spiritualists and life coaches like Sangram Lad who are helping people rediscover their spirituality and well-being during the pandemic. For instance, Sangram Lad recommends workouts like pilates and yoga for spiritual health and well-being.